Victory Clinton Green Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory Missionary Baptist Church's very own Green Room forum! Green Room is Wed. Jr. High class

3 posters

Bible Stories

ShellyJ
    ShellyJ

Bible Stories Empty Re: Bible Stories

Post  ShellyJ Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:57 am

Here's my favorite Bible Story. It's from Numbers 22:21 - 35 about Balaam's talking donkey. I love this story because it shows God's sense of humor. Razz Balaam was going to see Balak, the king of Moab, where God had said he could go only if he followed God's specific instructions. Balaam started off, but something he did made God angry and God sent an angel to stop him. The donkey could see the angel, but Balaam couldn't, so when she tried to go on a different path to avoid the angel, Balaam beat her with a stick. This happened three times and the donkey got fed up and told Balaam to stop hitting her, that she was trying to save him from the angel. Then they had this conversation, like it was no big deal that the donkey talked to Balaam! If Julio started talking to me, I'd probably be speechless! Anyway, if you want the whole story, I copied it from the King James Version but substituted the "a" word for "donkey" so it doesn't sound bad...

And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his donkey, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his donkey, and his two servants were with him. And the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the donkey turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the donkey, to turn her into the way. But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side. And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again. And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the donkey with a staff. And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times? And Balaam said unto the donkey, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee. And the donkey said unto Balaam, Am not I thine donkey, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay. Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face. And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine donkey these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me: And the donkey saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive. And Balaam said unto the angel of the LORD, I have sinned; for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease thee, I will get me back again. And the angel of the LORD said unto Balaam, Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto thee, that thou shalt speak. So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Very nice, thats a very deep story, its so sad to hear that happen too because you know it still happens today, people think that they would be made fun of for being a christian(which in some cases are true...)
    J cenami13
    J cenami13

Post  J cenami13 Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 pm

This is my favorite story because it shows how stupid some people can be.
    Acts 26:24-28
    And he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
    But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
    For I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
    King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
    Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Bible Stories Empty Bible Stories

Post  Admin Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 pm

I just wanted to post a cool bible story… If you guys have a favorite bible story then post it here!

2 Kings 2:23-25
    And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children
    out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth
    two she bears out of the wood, and tare(mauled) forty and two children of them.
    And he went from thence to Mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

These were probably teenagers (from the Hebrew translation), not little kids. If you are a true believer in Christ, it is expected that we will face opposition. The more we do for God, the more trials we face. Elisha did the right thing by giving the situation over to God. “Cursing” him in the name of the Lord means saying something like “May God give you what you deserve.”
    The key to this passage is to give your troubles over to God, he might not deal with them where it involves two angry bears, but you never know! Your job is to continue on and not let things get you down!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:28 am